Intro

I've had diplopia, or double vision, all of my life. It's there whether I'm wearing glasses, contacts, or nothing at all. My childhood optometrist said it's because of the extreme difference in vision between my 2 eyes - that my brain can't converge the 2 images because one eye sees so much better than the other. I'm told surgery can't correct it since I don't have a crossed-eye. During my last couple of years of college, I started doing artwork that reflected the double vision. This blog is a brief summary of those 2 years.

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

On to Painting

After drawing class, I took a semester of Senior Painting to make some pieces for the Senior Show. Again, my theme was double vision. It just seemed right after the successes of drawing class. I painted large 5 foot paintings with acrylic and tape. The focus was large, flat shapes and to show how the images overlap. In reality, many colors become flat for me as the images overlap. The blacks and whites stand out some, but the middle greys blend together. Here are most of the paintings from that semester.

(These pictures were taken quickly in a gallery where the lighting wasn't so great. So forgive me that the colors don't look right.)


No comments: