Intro

I've had diplopia, or double vision, all of my life. It's there whether I'm wearing glasses, contacts, or nothing at all. My childhood optometrist said it's because of the extreme difference in vision between my 2 eyes - that my brain can't converge the 2 images because one eye sees so much better than the other. I'm told surgery can't correct it since I don't have a crossed-eye. During my last couple of years of college, I started doing artwork that reflected the double vision. This blog is a brief summary of those 2 years.

Friday, October 17, 2008

Not Headaches...Just Head Problems

Did you know you can have a migraine without a headache? Migraines have different stages, and some people just don't go through the "ache" stage. I think I may have had a migraine a couple of nights ago. I was at a school function and the lights began to feel really bright. A headache began over my eyebrows, but it slowly went away. Over the next couple of hours though, I began to feel worse and worse. I was dizzy, kinda of naseous, and my head just felt weird. I felt spacy. I could feel the loud noises pounding in my head...not a painful pounding but a resonating pound - I could feel noise. As I was going home, I could feel the oncoming headlights doing the same thing to my head, like I could feel the lights passing by. When I got home, I laid down in the pitch black and silence until most of it went away. The dizziness did not fully go away until I woke up the next morning.
I've had the same problem numerous times before, but I had never thought that it could possibly fall under migraines. I do know it usually occurs when I've been straining my eyes too much or ignoring the image out of one eye. It most often occurs at movie theaters. I don't like going to see action movies on the big screen anymore because they mess with my head. It's like I can't handle so much loud noise and movement all at once.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

This is EXACTLY why I can't watch action movies in movie theatres. It's way too much for me. I never really knew the difference between a headache and a migraine, I always thought they were the same except that migraines were more painful. Now I know!