Intro

I've had diplopia, or double vision, all of my life. It's there whether I'm wearing glasses, contacts, or nothing at all. My childhood optometrist said it's because of the extreme difference in vision between my 2 eyes - that my brain can't converge the 2 images because one eye sees so much better than the other. I'm told surgery can't correct it since I don't have a crossed-eye. During my last couple of years of college, I started doing artwork that reflected the double vision. This blog is a brief summary of those 2 years.

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Like vs. Dislike

Originally written November 2007
Honestly, I don't like to draw my double vision. Have I posted that already? I like the final outcome and showing how confusing my visual world can be, but I get bored drawing the same thing twice. The transparency of the images is carrying over into painting class. I'm slowly becoming obsessed with seeing through objects. The vision therapist wants me to switch my focus back and forth between my left and right eyes. The more I do that, the more I'm seeing past an object to what's behind it. I wish I could paint what I really see...colors don't mix much when they overlap. They're completely separate colors that happen to be in the same space on my picture plane

No comments: